DeDe McGuire, host of K104’s “DeDe in the Morning”, has teamed with Zerlene Rogers to create the Beauty and Brains’ DeDe McGuire Scholarship.
“This scholarship is one of the many ways that I want to empower our women of the future. It is our responsibility to make sure that they make history” said DeDe McGuire. The scholarship will benefit a female high school student entering an accredited college. The purpose of the scholarship is also to help the community as applicants are required to acknowledge role models that serve in the community and, in addition, must serve community hours themselves.
DeDe McGuire continues to be the hardest working woman in radio. This scholarship reinforces her passion and dedication to female empowerment, equality and success. She continues to be a philanthropist, community activist, mentor and volunteer. “This is a great opportunity to Live Large and Give Large.”
Winner will be announced August 5, 2018 at the Beauty and Brains Brunch in Dallas.
The 2018-2019 Beauty and Brains’ DeDe McGuire Scholarship
Award Amount: $1,000
DeDe Scholars are students who embrace the mission of the Zerlene Rogers’ Beauty and Brains organization. Your application will be evaluated on your:
• Individual determination to succeed
• Future goals and plans to achieve them
• Self-motivation in completing challenging coursework
To be eligible to apply for the Beauty and Brains’ Dede McGuire scholarship, you must meet the following:
• Transcripts from an accredited high school this academic year.
• Graduating with a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Acceptance letter from a full-time bachelor’s degree program from an accredited higher
education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school
• Submit an essay on the topic indicated on the application
• Participate in regular Beauty and Brains Program academic check-in meetings quarterly
• Provide signed evidence of 25 or more community service hours from a 501c3 organization
Research your favorite non-celebrity and their philanthropic efforts and write about how you are directly impacting your neighborhood or school through the community service projects you have been involved with and how you will continue during and after university/college graduation.
Applicants must meet the stated eligibility criteria and turn in your application and essay by thestated deadline below. Your essay should be at least 500 words and no more than 1,000 words.
Applications must be received by the following deadlines:
• Essay and Application is due on Monday, July 23, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CST
• Complete remaining criteria - transcripts, acceptance letter, and community service report - listed by June 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST
TO SUBMIT APPLICATION PLEASE VISIT:
TO PURCHASE TICKETS VISIT: